Oh those moments. Convenient accident or purposed treat?
Who cares it's scary good.
Found this grain free, nut free cupcake recipe and decided to make it for breakfast treats to go.
Because I decided to make these at 9 o'clock, post meridiem, I did not peel the zucchini.
So sue me.
In my brain I was thinking "why peel it? you lose a ton of health benefits.."
So I didn't and boo(m), Monster Muffins! The peels turned the batter
green which in turn cooked up awesome.
What I Used:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp aluminum free baking soda
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1/2 cup chopped zucchini with skins (I used 3 small ones from our CSA)
2 tbsp local honey or 3 :)
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
4 large eggs
kiss of coconut oil
What I did:
read the whole recipe.
whipped it up in a blender.
poured in the green gold of goodness.
cook in oven at 350 for 20 minutes!
Known HEALth benefits of Zucchini:
- awesome source of magnesium and vitamin C
- vitamin A, potassium, phosphorus, copper, and high in folate which is great for everyone
- summer squash has been shown to have a high content of omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, niacin, and PROTEIN :)
- vitamin B1, vitamin B62, vitamin B6, and calcium
- has been shown to be extremely effective in treating BPH in men
- fiber rich
- studies have shown that plant based fiber rich diets flush the toxins and abnormal cells from the colon keeping it safe and protected
- folate, vit C, and beta-carotene found in the skins of the zucchini help protect cells from toxins and have proven anti-inflammatory properties
- high in manganese trace mineral which protect mitochondria from oxidative stress
- the potassium and magnesium are scientifically shown to lower blood pressure
- all around a great choice with soluble and insoluble fats, sodium, trace minerals, amino acids, carbohydrates, sodium, and 96% water!
Now....Go squash some healthy grain free muffins in your face!!!
searched healthy benefits of zucchini