What you'll need:
1 cup of pumpkin purée
1 cup of low fat milk
2 tbsp of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 tbsp of mild honey (clover honey)
1 1/2 cups of stone ground yeller (said in southern accent) cornmeal
1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1 tbsp of baking powder
1/2 TEASPOON of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
optional: I add 4 tbsp of ground flax, some cinnamon, and nutmeg!
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and place cast iron skillet in to heat up or a 2 qt baking dish. I made muffins for easy portion control but they tend to be browner and for those who like light cornbread I would suggest using the skillet or baking dish.
- Whisk together the pumpkin purée, milk, evoo, honey, and eggs
- Place cornmeal in a large bowl and sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
4. Stir in dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix together being careful not to overwork!
5. Remove baking dish of choice from heat, or get muffin tins ready and spray with Pam or use evoo on cloth to lightly oil the area down.
6. Bake for 30-40 mins until a fork or toothpick comes out clean! Allow to cool before eating and don't be shy! Add some loving! I made some regular pumpkin cornbread and in another pan added sliced almonds and topped with cinnamon with a drizzle of honey!
|Eat and Enjoy!|